There are many causes of headaches or migraines. Headaches are a way of bodies telling us something is wrong. The sensory nerve fibers are communicating to brain pain. This pain can be triggered by many factors including, inflammation (infection or food sensitivities), temperature shifts, long screen use, chemical stimulation, trauma, stress, irritation or pressure.
Things to consider when you have a headache.
- Magnesium insufficiency
- High cortisol or epinephrine surge (from long term stress)
- Caffeine intake (too much or too little)
- Menstrual hormone imbalance
- Food sensitivity/intolerance
IV therapy with magnesium, vitamin c, B vitamins and glutathione can decrease inflammation, promote vessel relaxation, providing nutrient balance and hydration.
Things you can do at home.
- Adequate hydration
- Lower behavioral contributors; processed food, toxins, stress
- Diaphragmatic breathing lowers cortisol produced in stress
- Adequate sleep, limit screens
- Improve posture
- TMJ, teeth grinding/clenching